Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Going Deep by Gordon MacDonald

I got Going Deep through Booksneeze.com from free. It was shipped to my house and I started reading. MacDonald tells the story of "the great idea." It starts with a conversation with his non-Christian neighbor that grows into a huge discipleship tool. He recounts conversation after conversations with people involved in the development of this idea. The chapters are divided up into certain time periods. Some take place over just one day while other chapters cover a couple months.

This book has absolutely blown me away. I love the idea of cultivating Christians. It was actually a word I was thinking about before reading this book. This book has got me excited about the possibilities! MacDonald's insights are profound. I could not put this book down. I am not a fast reader but I had this 383 page book read in a week. It is an easy read because he is just telling a story. It flows very nicely and it is very conversational. I would encourage others to read this with someone so that you can discuss it as you go through it. The ending is wonderful, pretty much exactly what I had hoped would happen. Going Deep is a must read for any leadership in a church, as well as those who are serious about growing their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment